As a member of the Office of the Public Guardian’s panel of professional deputies we have a vast amount of knowledge and experience when it comes to making decisions or applications relating to incapacitated individuals.
Professional deputies are often appointed where:
- There is no suitable close relative who is able or willing to act
- Where there is a dispute or conflict of interest
- Where there is concern about the conduct of a particular party
- Where financial abuse is suspected
- Where there is a complex issue to resolve such as professional negligence or other contentious matter which may require court proceedings
- Where the assets of the incapacitated individual are in excess of one million pounds
If you would like to know more about the role of a professional deputy please contact our team.