Details of our current vacancies can be found here and we are always interested in hearing from those who have the right qualities.
Stonegate Legal is a specialist law firm, providing a wide range of legal services for the individual. We are based in modern, accessible offices at Thorpe Park, Leeds and act for a wide range of high net worth and vulnerable clients.
We are dedicated to the protection of our clients’ family wealth and our services are built around that objective. As such, we provide the usual non-contentious private client offerings such as wills, probate and trusts but specialise in the contentious aspects of both court of protection and probate proceedings.
We are members of the Public Guardian’s Professional Panel of Deputies which means we act for some of society’s most vulnerable people. We have a strong reputation for dealing with financial abuse, s.18 MCA applications and inter-jurisdictional issues (including adult abduction cases).
Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive
We are currently recruiting for a Private Client Solicitor to join our well established team.
The role will be wide ranging, supporting the work of the director in court of protection, power of attorney, Wills, probate and trust matters. It will require you to deal directly with clients, draft documents and progress court and benefit assessment processes including attendance at court and assessment meetings.
We are looking for
- Experience of dealing with the Court of Protection and vulnerable clients
- Experience of dealing with Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Experience of dealing with benefit assessments and entitlements
- A pro-active, conscientious approach and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A team player with strong communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of working in a legal environment and client care procedures
Preferred but not essential
- An established network of professional and charity contacts
- Familiarity with Proclaim
- An awareness of investment products and financial management
We are committed to the continual development and training of team members. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience within an experienced and innovative team.