Court of Protection
Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive
We are recruiting for a Court of Protection practitioner, experienced in either health and welfare and/or property and affairs deputyships. The role will be wide ranging, supporting the work of the directors in non-contentious and contentious Court of Protection cases including court proceedings.
Acting for clients who lack capacity to make specific decisions, usually in relation to emotive issues, requires the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and be able to manage affairs in a sensitive and empathetic manner, with the goal of achieving best interests focused outcomes for vulnerable individuals. The role will include the day to day management of complex Court of Protection cases supported by a team of experienced solicitors, chartered legal executives and paralegals.
We are looking for:
- Experience of dealing with the Court of Protection and managing vulnerable clients
- Experience of dealing with mediated disputes
- A pro-active, conscientious approach and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A team player with strong communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of working in a legal environment and client care procedures
Preferred but not essential:
- An established network of professional and charity contacts. Whilst “a following” is not a prerequisite, it is expected that the successful candidate will have their own network of professional contacts and be excited about the opportunity to work collaboratively with the directors to generate their own instructions for Court of Protection Cases
- Familiarity with Proclaim
- Experience of the Civil Procedure Rules and civil litigation generally
We are committed to the continual development and training of team members. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience within an experienced and innovative team.