We are recruiting for a paralegal to join our private client and Court of Protection team. The role will be wide ranging, supporting the work of the executives and directors in non- contentious and contentious private client and Court of Protection cases including court proceedings.
Acting for clients who lack capacity to make specific decisions, usually in relation to emotive issues, the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and be able to manage affairs in a sensitive and empathetic manner, with the goal of achieving best interests focused outcomes for vulnerable individuals.
We are looking for:
- A pro-active, conscientious approach and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A team player with strong communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong time management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- A desire to learn and progress your career
- Willingness to get involved in all internal and external business related activities
Your day-to-day role would likely include
- Meeting with clients
- Answering and making phone calls
- Attending meetings alongside team members
- Working alongside executives to manage day to day tasks on files
- Undertaking legal research
- Preparing files to be sent to the court
We are committed to the continual development and training of team members. Formal training pathways such as CILEX, LPC and SQE will be considered and discussed with candidates on an individual basis. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience within an experienced and innovative team.