Vacancy – Solicitor / FCILEx Court of Protection
Share This Page
We are currently recruiting for a Solicitor / FCILEx to join our fast growing team specialising in the provision of professional attorney and deputy services.
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
- The provision of comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients and family members, particularly within the context of the Mental Capacity Act and the Care Act.
- The management of property and affairs deputyships, working with vulnerable clients, assisting with tax affairs and accounts, drafting trusts, statutory wills, welfare deputyship applications and other associated applications to the Court of Protection.
- The purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of our disabled clients, creating and monitoring client’s budgets to ensure fund sustainability, liaising with case managers, doctors, therapists, care teams, surveyors, architects and other specialists.
- Attending clients at hospitals, in their home and care/nursing homes.
- Making payments to clients and keep accurate schedules of these payments. Also forecast forward spending and creating of budgets.
- Day-to-day contact with clients and their individual lifestyle requirements.
- Delegation and supervision tasks where appropriate to paralegals.
- Work as a part of a team under the supervision of the director.
- Degree in Law or relevant FCILEx level and previous experience of working in a Court of Protection role
We are looking for
- A pro-active, conscientious approach and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Able to work to tight deadlines and in a high paced environment
- A team player with strong communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of working in a legal environment and client care procedures
Preferred but not essential
- Experience of dealing with vulnerable clients
- Familiarity with Proclaim
- An awareness of investment products and financial management
- Experience of dealing with Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Experience of dealing with benefit assessments and entitlements
We are committed to the continual development and training of team members and hold SRA training authorisation. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience within an experienced and innovative team.